Frank's Calendar

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

NWEA MAP Test Reports

Over the past couple of weeks students in our district have been busy completing the NWEA's MAP tests. As students finish up I have several questions running through my mind.

  1. What are we doing with those assessment results?
  2. Do teachers know about the different reports available from NWEA? 
  3. What is the best way to educate teachers concerning the different reports? 
  4. Who in our district is helping teachers access and understand these reports?
  5. What reports have teachers found particularly helpful?  
Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to many of these questions. One report I have heard teachers talking about is the Goal Setting Report. I have found that when this report is used students seem to be more engaged and motivated as they take the tests. Others are using the Lexile levels obtained from the test results to guide students in picking books at their reading level. I am confident there are many more ways teachers are using the reports and I would love to hear feedback on how these reports are being used to guide instruction in the classroom. 

If you are someone in the Mid-Prairie or Keota District who does not know how to access these reports or you would like to talk about possible ways to use the data to guide your instruction, please know that I am available to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment